Where we are
A few step away from the wonderful Cathedral and the fascinating Piazza del Campo
In the heart of Siena, just 500mt away from the majestic Cathedral and the beautiful Piazza del Campo, rises Bed and Breakfast il Barbero.
Our Bed and Breakfas’s guests will able to discover Siena night and day, by walking into the characteristic alleys of the center, few steps away to us…
Located in the middle of the Terzo di città, a third part of the city that already existed during the Dark Ages, and that occupies the southwestern part of Siena, and that includes the Contrade (districts) of Aquila, Chiocciola, Onda, Pantera, Selva and Tartuca.
Into the Terzo di Città you can find the civic Cathedral, the museum of Santa Maria della Scala and the San Niccolò del Carmine church.
B&B il Barbero is in the west part of the city, near Porta San Marco, in a limited traffic zone. You can anyway arrive nearby the BB, then we’ll see to communicate your plate to the police. More, on demand, a garage is at your disposal, you can receive all information by writing or calling us.
Getting to the BB
If you arrive by train, from the station is it possible to reach our B&B:
- By taxi: 16 minutes, it costs from 10 € to 15 €.
- By bus: with lines number 1, 3, 9 and 10 stopping at Piazza Gramsci. From the bus stop,16 minutes by walk. From Piazza Gramsci continue walking to Piazza Matteotti, and go on Via Banchi di Sopra. After “Bar Nannini” (an history Bar of the city) turn right on Via di Città. Continue straight on Via Stalloreggi. Once arrived at the arc Arco delle Due Porte, turn left and you’ll get there, our B&B is at number 16. If you take line 3, you can also stop at Porta Tufi, and from here it’ll be quick to arrive: it’ll be enough to continue on Via Pier Andrea Mattioli, on the top of the street turn left on Via delle Cerchia, at the end of Via delle Cerchia it begins Pian dei Mantellini, where, down the street you’ll find at number 16 the B&B.
- Walking:About 30 minutes.
In front of the station take the escalator. Maintain the left and continue until Porta Camollia, popular for the sentence “Cor Magis Sena Tibi pandit”. Continue through Via Camollia and always straight on Via Montanini and Via Banchi di Sopra. After the “Bar Nannini” (an history Bar of the city) turn right on Via di Città. Continue straight on Via Stalloreggi. Once arrived at the arc Arco delle Due Porte, turn left and you’ll get there.
- If you came from Rome, you can stop at Colonna San Marco or at Piazza Gramsci. If you choose the first stop, you can just take a “pollicino” our city bus S54 that could bring you until Porta Laterina, from here you can go up in Via del Nuovo asilo, via Mascagni and, at the top of the street, turn right, where you’ll find Pian dei Mantellini.
- From Piazza Gramsci continue walking to Piazza Matteotti, then on Via Banchi di Sopra. After the “Bar Nannini” (an history Bar of the city) turn right to Via di Città. Continue straight on Via Stalloreggi. Once arrived at Arco delle Due Porte, turn left and you’ll get there.
From the highway take the exit Siena Ovest and continue to Porta San Marco. It’ll be possible to reach our B&B and drop off your luggage: you’ll have just to give us your plate number. It’ll be our job to communicate it to the police!